Looking for a chance to get your “foot in the door” with a high-end manufacturing firm that specializes in providing the aerospace, defense, and commercial industries with custom high speed rotating equipment? If so, you might be interested in this opportunity! We’re seeking highly motivated, energetic candidates for a Deburring Technician/Junior Machinist. For a driven candidate this position may provide an opportunity to higher level CNC Machinist Programmer/Operator work in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deburrs, shapes, forms, and finishes parts according to documentation/work instruction or as otherwise directed.
- May Setup and operate manual and CNC machine tools as directed and/or according to documentation/work instruction
- Organizes, stages, and moves materials as required.
- Evaluates and requisitions purchased tooling and supplies.
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance duties.
- Maintains safe and orderly work cell as well as facility material staging areas.
- Understands and is compliant with organization’s policies and procedures.
- Self-inspects conformance to specifications utilizing appropriate inspection tools.
- Collaborates with coworkers to problem solve product and processing issues, actively engaging in the corrective action and ECO processes.
- Works overtime as required to accomplish the organization’s goals and satisfy customer expectations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of deburr/general machining experience within a machine shop or manufacturing environment, utilizing product documentation, schematics, and verbal/written instruction.
- Fork truck certification or ability to acquire same.
- 2 year degree in machining or equivalent, and/or vocational training.
Submitting an Application
To be considered for a career opportunity the below listed Official Application must accompany your resume and cover letter. Additionally, we request that you complete the voluntary Pre-Employment Information Form. Due to the number of applicantions we routinely receive, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your interest in Barber-Nichols and we are an EOE M/F/H/V/D employer. U.S. Citizenship required based upon federal contract regulations.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and official application to:
Attn: Human Resources
6325 West 55th Avenue
Arvada, CO 80002
Fax: (720) 881-3778