Barber-Nichols Inc. (BNI) is featured in the April 2005 issue of Aerospace COLORADO, published by the Colorado Space Coalition. Other organizations also featured in this issue included Lockheed Martin, MicroSat Systems, Ball Aerospace, and Starsys Research. BNI was selected based on its industry leading work in the design and production of blowers, compressors, fans, pumps, and rocket engine turbopumps for a variety of space flight applications. Colorado is the nation's fourth largest space economy and Barber-Nichols has been manufacturing astronautic hardware since 1985.
Space Flight Operations
BNI designs and produces hardware for electrical power generation, electronics cooling, environmental control, life support, and directional thrust on manned and unmanned spacecraft. Quality control is paramount and products are lightweight, reliable, and resistant to extreme temperatures.
Rocket Engine Turbopumps
Since 1996 BNI has designed and produced more new liquid rocket engine turbopumps than any other U.S. company. Innovative designs and the use of advanced materials drive the development process. As a result, turn-around time is quick and the final product is lightweight, reliable, and inexpensive.
Ground Support Operations
In addition to flight hardware, BNI designs and produces blowers, circulators, compressors, and pumps for ground support operations. Applications include launch vehicle fueling, propellant densification, thermal vacuum testing, and more.
Click Here to request a copy of Aerospace COLORADO.
- 2013 Vendor Appreciation Party
- Barber-Nichols Awarded Air Turbine Assembly Manufacturing Contract For U.S. Navy's Virginia Class Submarine Fleet
- Barber-Nichols Awarded LNG Vapor Return Compressor Contract
- Barber-Nichols Celebrates 40th Anniversary
- Barber-Nichols Completes Construction Of A New Assembly And Testing Laboratory
- Barber-Nichols Featured In The April 2005 Issue of Aerospace Colorado
- Barber-Nichols Takes Delivery Of Five-Axis Machining Center
- Barber-Nichols Using Composite Materials In A Cryogenic Pump To Increase Pump Efficiency And Reduce Conductive Heat Leak
- Congressman Bob Beauprez Recognizes Barber-Nichols For Its Work With The United States Navy
- NASA's Kennedy Space Center Recognizes Barber-Nichols For The Development of Highly Reliable Liquid Oxygen Pumps
- Rocketdyne Propulsion And Power Recognizes Barber-Nichols For Providing Top Quality Hardware Used On The RS-68 Engine
- Step-By-Step Tutorial For Measuring Output Voltage From A VFD To A Motor
- Supercritical CO2 Brayton Cycle Test Loop Shipping To Sandia Nat'l Laboratories
- TAS Energy Wins 2012 Excellence in Renewable Energy Award for Geothermal Project of the Year
- Turbopumps Supplied By Barber-Nichols Power Falcon 9 Into Orbit